[PD] GEM repeat + where is the bottleneck?

rainer _ jepoxy at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 26 15:21:40 CET 2008

Hi list,

I´ve done a testpatch using repeat from zexy libary to generate full PAL resolution pixel by pixel in one rendercircle. Unfortunatly this is very slow on my machine (dualcore+windoze) about one frame every 4 seconds. I also have tried this on a brand new Power Mac 8core machine - suprisingly it was´nt much faster. CPU load on the mac was only at 10%....

Any suggestions where the bottleneck is ? Does it all depend on the grafic card ?

Note: you need zexy and maxlib - also you need to load maxlib before gem to use the maxlib`s scale object. This patch is using the old counter objects - you probably need to reconnect the counters. Connect the "done bang" to the inlet of the second counter.

Thanks,
Rainer