[PD] warmest reverb?

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Mon Oct 27 20:42:00 CET 2008

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 01:15:15PM -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> I am currently working furiously on a sound design project.  I used
> freeverb since it is quick and easy.  But now I want to replace it
> with the warmest reverb Pd can offer.
>
> Any suggestions?

Hi Hans,

It's probably way too late now, but I recommend Anton Hornquist's [jon~]
plate reverb. It's the finest reverb I've heard since [freeverb~] and
seems to be way less expensive, and it's available as an abstraction
instead of an external you have to compile. I packaged it up for
s-abstractions here:

<http://mccormick.cx/viewcvs/*checkout*/s-abstractions/s-jonverb~-help.pd?root=svn>
<http://mccormick.cx/viewcvs/*checkout*/s-abstractions/s-jonverb~.pd?root=svn>

As usual it's GOP friendly, and sssad enabled. The reason I took so long
to post is because I've been spending all this time turning it into a
GOP effect abstraction (in between driving the van across the EU, that
is).

Anyway, have fun!

Best,

Chris.

PS I gotta figure out how to commit s-abstractions into pd-extended one
of these days now that we've switched to SVN. Maybe I can do this before
the next release?