[PD] warmest reverb?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Oct 29 00:27:55 CET 2008

On Oct 27, 2008, at 3:42 PM, Chris McCormick wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 01:15:15PM -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner
> wrote:
>> I am currently working furiously on a sound design project.  I used
>> freeverb since it is quick and easy.  But now I want to replace it
>> with the warmest reverb Pd can offer.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
> Hi Hans,
>
> It's probably way too late now, but I recommend Anton Hornquist's
> [jon~]
> plate reverb. It's the finest reverb I've heard since [freeverb~] and
> seems to be way less expensive, and it's available as an abstraction
> instead of an external you have to compile. I packaged it up for
> s-abstractions here:
>
> <http://mccormick.cx/viewcvs/*checkout*/s-abstractions/s-jonverb~-
> help.pd?root=svn>
> <http://mccormick.cx/viewcvs/*checkout*/s-abstractions/s-
> jonverb~.pd?root=svn>
>
> As usual it's GOP friendly, and sssad enabled. The reason I took so
> long
> to post is because I've been spending all this time turning it into a
> GOP effect abstraction (in between driving the van across the EU, that
> is).
>
> Anyway, have fun!
>
> Best,
>
> Chris.
>
> PS I gotta figure out how to commit s-abstractions into pd-extended
> one
> of these days now that we've switched to SVN. Maybe I can do this
> before
> the next release?

I think the best bet it to start off my making a proper library and
distribute that.  Then once it is very stable and not really changing
any more, then it would be good to include in Pd-extended.

These days, I am mostly thinking about how to support libraries
really well.  That's what needs to happen.

.hc

> http://mccormick.cx

----

                   ¡El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!