[PD] Question on Entry and GOP

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Oct 29 00:26:21 CET 2008

I am not maintaining [entry] but there is tkwidgets/text and
tkwidgets/entry that need to be finished.  They might be somehow
usable, but rough.

.hc

On Oct 27, 2008, at 3:49 PM, Mike McGonagle wrote:

> Hello Hans,
>
> Are you still maintaining [entry]? I was creating a simple gui over
> the weekend, and anytime I put an [entry] inside either a subpatch
> or abstraction, anytime I closed the parent window, it caused PD to
> crash. My solution, which is kind of 'graphically' ugly, was to
> move the [entry] outside of the subpatch, and then provide some
> additional inlets/outlets to connect up the [entry].
>
> I am running Mac OS X 10.4.11, on a G4 Laptop.
>

> Mike
>

> --
> Peace may sound simple—one beautiful word— but it requires
> everything we have, every quality, every strength, every dream,
> every high ideal.
> —Yehudi Menuhin (1916–1999), musician

----

All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies,
one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better
language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne