[PD] glitches when moving between sub patches

forwind forward at forwind.net
Wed Oct 29 20:29:16 CET 2008

Hi all,

At the moment I am attempting to refactor a patch. Part of this involves
moving alot of the exposed functionality down into sub patches. I have
noticed however after doing the patch work I get glitches when I open
and close the sub patches. The machine should have no problems being a
64bit 8 gig . The distribution is 64studio 2. Audio is handled by jack.

The limits.conf has :
        @audio - rtprio 99
        @audio - memlock 250000
        @audio - nice -10

the xwrapper.conf has:
        allowed_users=console
        nice_value=19

And fstab has:
        shmfs           /dev/shm        shm     defaults        0
        0
        none            /tmp/jack       tmpfs   defaults        0
        0
        none            /mnt/ramfs      tmpfs   defaults        0
        0

The graphics card is a nvidia GEForce 8600 GT running under the nvidia
driver version 169.07.

I suspect this is what is causing the glitches but don't know how I can
stop it from 'getting in the way'. A last gasp effort could involve
raising the nice value even more which past 19 might be a bit extreme ?

Any ideas. There didn't seem to be any settings to optimise the graphics
card through the nvidia control panel.

Best regards,
Conor