[PD] usb midi device

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Oct 30 10:05:57 CET 2008

cyrille henry wrote:
> hello,
>
> thanks all for your answer.
> i fact, i've got only 1 /dev/midi* device when i plug my interface.
> so the problem does not really come from pd.
>
> did anyone succesfully using multiple in / out usb/midi interface under linux (ubuntu)?

yes i am (i think)

my solution is:
- use alsa-midi (forget about /dev/midi*)
- open 2 alsa-midi ports from Pd
- connect your 2 hw-devices to the Pd's 2 alsa-midi ports (i usually
conveniently use qjackctl for this; but you can do so by using
[aconnect] as well)
- access the device connected to Pd's 1st port via channel1-16 and the
device connected to the 2nd port via channel17-32
- scale at will

fgmasdr
IOhannes