[PD] glitches when moving between sub patches

forwind forward at forwind.net
Thu Oct 30 14:56:16 CET 2008

Hi Roman,

On Thu, 2008-10-30 at 01:46 +0100, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> unfortunately, there are cases, where there are interferences between
> both threads; for instance when moving around an array with 1'000'000
> elements. i get clicks when i open a subpatch containing a big array,
> but not when opening a subpatch containing only message boxes and
> objects.

The sub patches contain the elements of a auxillary return channel strip
nothing more. A DSP, other (9 other) auxillary sends, pan, volume, gain.
For this to be nicely modelled I have built sub patches contained within
sub patches. I never thought this would be a problem.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of behaviour of PD with a similar
type patch.  I can send you my patch if you like ...
I need to find out if the problem lies with PD or my setup particularly.

Conor