[PD] glitches when moving between sub patches

forwind forward at forwind.net
Thu Oct 30 16:49:57 CET 2008

Hi Derek,

> Did you try running as sudo or root?

Of course! Just tried this and yes no clicks!!!

Before I was using qjack ctrl to control jackd. What is strange is that
when I run jackd from command line without sudo privileges there are no
clicks either !?

So following from that discovery it seems sudo privileges are not
necessary to avoid the clicks but avoid the use of or running of
qjackctrl under normal privileges to run the jack daemon. I wonder why
this is ?

odd - maintaining jack connections between apps will be a headache
without the GUI. I suppose I could also start the qjackctrl from command
line with sudo privileges ...

thanks Derek,
Conor