[PD] [GEM-dev] Timing and PD....

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 16:52:16 CET 2008

Internally, objects like pix_image and pix_film set flags for whether an
image is new or not.  This tells other objects to update.  Perhaps a generic
object (pix_info ?) can output when that flag is set.

pix_share is a little different than image loading as it just dumps a new
image into the gemlist each frame.  It is not designed to do sync between
instances of pd, but rather to be an asynchronous way to distribute
processing.  Making it sync would remove the performance gains.