[PD] Fwd: midi_sync_out

Alex x37v.alex at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 18:02:40 CET 2008

So it turns out that with the newer stable pd (0.41-4) [midiout]
works.  So I've changed my external into a very simple abstraction.
I'm providing it here as an attachment with a help file that shows a
simple syncing solution.

Note: it does not work with pd 0.40-2 and alsa, I'm figuring it
wouldn't work with pd-extended and alsa... but maybe Hans has rolled
back the [midiout] fixes into the current extended?  I haven't tested
with any of the other midi apis.

Basically this patch allows you to sync an external midi device with a
metro so you can have pd do things in sync with an external drum
machine, synthesizer, whatever.. that accepts sync in.

Enjoy!

-Alex