[PD] available objects in pd extended

Jamie Bullock James.Bullock at bcu.ac.uk
Mon Nov 3 15:37:46 CET 2008

Hi Lao,

On Sat, 2008-11-01 at 19:55 +0800, Lao Yu wrote:
> from the ongoing discussion about Max/MSP compatibility I wonder if
> it would be a good idea to create a list of available objects in the
> extended version, quite as it exists for vanilla. For someone who is
> getting acquainted - like me - it sure would be a useful thing, I
> mean like '5.referemce/help-intro.pd'. Does anybody work on such a
> thing?

The attached script might serve as a starting point for something. It
will list all externals under a given 'extra' directory, and optionally
print all the comments from the corresponding help file if there is one.

It could easily be adapted to output in csv format, or print the library
a given external is part of.

One caveat: it assumes that your extra directory has only one level of
nesting, so it only looks in extra/ and extra/* not extra/*/* etc.

Jamie

--
www.postlude.co.uk
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jamiebullock

Birmingham City University is the new name unveiled for the former University of Central England in Birmingham
For more information about the name change go to http://www.bcu.ac.uk/namechange/official_announcement.html