[PD] scratching my head about zexy

Miller Puckette mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu
Wed Nov 5 20:39:51 CET 2008

Well, what I want to be able to do is put max-compatible objects into Pd
vanilla (such as gate and scale) without breaking libraries.  However, I
didn't realize there were libraries out there that named things the same as
Pd built-ins, with the intention of not ever getting instantiated under
the original name.

Maybe, if zexy/pack and zexy/unpack are only meant to be called using
their "path" names, it would be better to specify them as "zexy/pack"
etc.  in class_new()?

If it isn't possible to alias objects with external libraries, I don't see
how I can ever add a class to Pd once some library appears that uses the
same name.

Ideas, anyone?

thanks
Miller