[PD] [list-order] for list-abs

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Nov 6 12:12:16 CET 2008

Hallo Jack,
Jack hat gesagt: // Jack wrote:

> I have cleaned the [list-order] abstraction to render it more simple/
> elegant.
> Then if you want to modify it and/or add it in your list-abs, no
> problem.

Late answer: Thank you very much for this useful abstraction! I made
some changes to it, the most important one being that I renamed it
from list-order to list-sort, as I think, sorting is a better term
here and we already have zexy's sort which is a bit similar.

My other changes:

 - added a filter so only floats get sorted, everything else is
   removed from the list.

 - changed ASC/DESC to asc/desc (easier to type)

 - added numerical aliases to second inlet: 0 for ascending and 1 for
   descending.

 - asc/desc/0/1 also can be used as first creation argument.

 - small bugfix: the receivers "isasc" and "isdesc" now are local with $0

That's how it is in the SVN now. It's also attached with an
additional test patch showing a way to sort letters. ;)

Thanks again!

Ciao
--
 Frank Barknecht            Do You RjDj.me?          _ ______footils.org__