[PD] scratching my head about zexy

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Nov 6 13:36:27 CET 2008

Hallo,
Chris McCormick hat gesagt: // Chris McCormick wrote:

> This problem has been 100% solved already:
>
> <http://www.network-theory.co.uk/docs/pylang/importstatement.html>
>
> The described way of doing things is a win-win for developers and for
> users; both get maximum flexibility. I can't think of any good reason
> why we are still debating this and [declare] and [import] on this list.

However: as I understand Miller's intentions, [declare] is not meant
to be the same as [import]! [declare -*path] modifies the full Pd
search path, which includes the search path for files that are not
objects, e.g. soundfiles with no complete path for [soundfiler].
[import] however - if I understand Hans' intentions correctly - only
modifies the object search path and loaded libraries.

Ciao
--
 Frank Barknecht            Do You RjDj.me?          _ ______footils.org__