[PD] compiling pd vanilla on os x: ld problems

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 19:43:18 CET 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to build the latest pd-vanilla (0.41-4) on a Mac PowerPC G4
running os x, but seeing strange linking errors.  The computer is a
hand-me-down from another programmer, not the freshest install to say
the least.  Configure works fine, but when I make I get a warning that
"-arch i386" was specified to ld, and then errors about undefined
symbols.

I realize this is something wrong with my build tools, but don't see
where to find the solution.  I tried re-installing xcode 2.4, didn't
help. Also, I compiled a non-pd related c library just fine..

Any suggestions?

regards,
Rich