[PD] nqpoly5, now with full loadbang support!

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Nov 7 20:15:54 CET 2008

On Nov 5, 2008, at 12:05 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> Phil Stone hat gesagt: // Phil Stone wrote:
>
>> Ah, a preemptive enhancement, as it were.  I vaguely wondered why I
>> never had any trouble with [loadbang] and [polypoly].
>
> Yep, I just forgot to include the same fix to nqpoly4 so I'm also
> responsibe that Hans made another workaround. But now it's in SVN in
> both places.

Actually, please remove that if you did check it in.  That change to
nqpoly4 is not backwards compatible and will likely cause patch
breakage.  Make a new objectclass if you want to add that feature.

About the loadbang support, AFAIK, the loadbang technique in polypoly
will not work for abstractions that are used with the patches that
are instantiated using polypoly.  This initbang technique means all
levels get proper loadbangs.  Plus initbang has been submitted to
Miller, so its just a matter of him accepting it.

----

All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies,
one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better
language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne