[PD] Fwd: Intrepid repo seems to be broken [resolved]

Patrice Colet pat at mamalala.org
Sat Nov 8 13:53:09 CET 2008

hello,

the patch I've provided is a workaround, we still haven't found how to
fix this issue.

  For having pd on intrepid with pd-extended features, I've compiled pd
from miller's site (with ./configure --enable-jack --enable-alsa, or
just have a look at ./configure --help), I did use tck-tk 8.5 so the
interface is neat, downloaded last pd-extended debian package, extracted
docs and extra into /usr/local/lib (you will need a bunch of
dependances, but in the .deb package you have a list, in control, just
take a look...), applied workaround for MIME settings (take a look into
pd-list archive for that),

now I've got pd-extended with all doc all externals and icons, but

<out of subject>
the intrepid kernel has a serious bug, there is a conflict between
nvidia driver and hda-intel drivers from alsa,

  my advice is about just staying in LTS if the computer works good...
</out of subject>

good luck

hans w. koch a écrit :
> thanks for the answer!
> i found two patches in sourceforge by megalegoland:
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2206796&group_id=55736&atid=478072
>
> but actually, i don´t know, how to apply them. too studpid.
> so, i´ll wait...
>
> hans
> www.hans-w-koch.net
>

> Am 07.11.2008 um 20:09 schrieb Hans-Christoph Steiner:
>
>> It's still not building on Intrepid...
>>
>> .hc
>>
>> On Nov 5, 2008, at 3:33 PM, hans w. koch wrote:
>>
>>> hi hans,
>>>
>>> any news on this?
>>> i tried to link to the intrepid repository for pd-extended today and
>>> no luck :-(
>>> as i am quite new to linux, i don´t know, what one would have to do,
>>> to get it compiling.
>>> chris wenn´s bloody hack mentioned earlier here:
>>> http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2008-09/065299.html
>>> is a bit beyond me.
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> hans