[PD] trying to compile Gem on ubuntu intrepid Eee (was: Gem in Intrepid repo is broken)

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Nov 11 15:35:27 CET 2008

Hallo,
Max hat gesagt: // Max wrote:

> Am 11.11.2008 um 14:18 schrieb IOhannes m zmoelnig:
> >hmm, I believe that the problem has been fixed in 0.91 (or at least
> >it offers the GEM_SINGLE_CONTEXT workaround); this is why i asked
> >you to compile a new version.

A nice trick with Debian based distributions to install build
dependencies is this:

$ apt-get build-dep gem
or
$ aptitude build-dep gem

This will install everything that is needed to build the Gem included in
Debian (0.90). But 0.91 has some additional dependencies, for which you
should check the README as IOhannes suggested.

Ciao
--
Frank