[PD] line~ for syncing to video

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Nov 12 05:26:43 CET 2008

What I am working on are tools for composing audio to someone else's
video.   I've worked on a couple projects like this, I am in the
midst of one know.  Basically, think sound design for a movie and
things like it.  They generate the movie, and so far, I have found
the easiest way to communicate with the people making the video is to
use frame numbers.

Therefore, to compose my sound, I need to frame numbers as a
reference.  Therefore, I need to generate line data from video frame
numbers, unless someone has a better idea.  If the video guys tell
me, "this animation starts on frame 1234 and ends on 1623", then it
seems to me that I want to be using frame numbers as my triggers.

.hc

----