[PD] Chicago Patching Circle

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 05:28:51 CET 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 10:22 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:

> Well that sucks.  I am sure there free wifi around Chicago, I am a regular
> user of open wifi nodes, share my own wifi, and encourage others to do the
> same.

Unfortunately, I have never been able to get my laptop to work with
the WIFI. It is one of the last titanium shelled ones, and the reason
they stopped making them is because the metal case shielded the
signal. I am sure that I will be able to find a connection, just not
one every day.

So, please let's proceed with this. The time off will actually help me
to focus on getting some stuff done.

> Unfortunately, I'll bet we'll be hearing similar stories from a lot of
> people these days.

Yeah, all the stories I have read in the last month or so, is that we
shouldn't expect things to get better UNTIL they get worse. I can't
imagine that any President who comes into a mess like this would be
able to turn things around that quickly.

I am not quite certain, but this might be a blessing in disguise. Over
the past 8 years, I have become fairly political, and as such, have
been focusing on the BAD parts of our government... I submitted an
application today, to hopefully work on at least the transition team,
but it would be nice as well to turn it into a real job. It would be
nice to get out of printing, it is one of the more depressed markets,
but that is largely due to technology and such...

Mike