[PD] [PD-announce] Looking for an RjDj Scene producer in Canada

Frank Barknecht fbar at rjdj.me
Wed Nov 12 13:59:07 CET 2008

Dear Pd community,

RjDj is looking for a Pd patcher from Canada for a scene production with
G. Geiger and D. Taylor in Vancouver next week.

As some of you may have already noticed, RjDj on the iPhone is getting along
quite successful. Two weeks after RjDj launched in October, the application was
downloaded ~10.000 times, and the count is still growing. The reactive music
pieces for RjDj (we call them "Scenes") are written in Pd (vanilla), so now
there are 10.000 more people who have a variant of Pd installed and can listen
to Pd patches.

The main goal of RjDj is to give these people new food for their ears! To
reach this goal, RjDj tries to connect people from the Pd world with musicians
and producers in the "traditional" music area by doing sprints and also by
organizing studio sessions where Pd experts work with musicians on the
production of RjDj scenes to be released on the Iphone.

One such session will happen on

  Nov 17-23 in Vancouver/CA

For this session we are looking for one additional Pd patcher!

If you want to take part, you will be working together with Guenter Geiger of
RjDj on the Pd side and music producer Damian Taylor (www.damiantaylor.com).

RjDj will financially support this gettogether and take care of hosting you, but
as we don't have endless money to burn, we're looking for people who can fly in
from a place that is not too far away from Vancouver, e.g. people from Canada,
Montreal, or so.

If all this sounds like it would be something for you, please contact us
offlist as soon as possible through: info at rjdj.me to discuss further details.

Keep on patching!
--
Frank Barknecht and Guenter Geiger