[PD] [seq] object from cyclone - can't get it working on linux

Rua Haszard Morris ruahm at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 13 07:34:44 CET 2008

I'm having trouble getting seq to work - I'm using pd-extended 0.40.3 running on linux/debian/64studio.

I have the midi outs of PD connected to amSynth via ALSA midi in JACK (QJackCtl).

noteout in "test audio and midi" works ok, and plays notes on amSynth, but the seq test patch, routed to midiout, doesn't seem to produce any notes.

It is producing something, as I connected things randomly up to a noteout and was able to make some noises..

Can someone give me some pointers on why midiout (or seq?) might be misbehaving? Can someone else running 0.40.3 on linux check that the seq-help patch is working for them?

Thanks
Rua HM

--
http://myspace.com/haszari