[PD] pix_freeframe error: no instance of plugin available.

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Nov 13 11:05:22 CET 2008

Martin Schied wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying the help-patch for pix_freeframe. pix_freeframe gets created
> and puts out some information about the loaded plugin, but everytime I
> give it some data to its argument inlets I get: error: pix_freeframe: no
> instance of plugin available.
>
> I'm using [pix_video] as video source with ieee1394 camera (PAL) instead
> of [pix_film] and tried several freeframe plugins I could find, the
> original plugin 'WaveVFX' in the help patch wasn't available.
> When pix_video is directly connected to a pix_texture I can see that
> pix_video is working properly.

Gem currently doesn't come with any FreeFrame binaries.
you can get a (free) plugin package e.g. by downloading
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/freeframe/FreeFrame1.0-05.zip

afaics this includes a "PeteWave.dll" which i think is the same as
WaveVFX (i don't know why they chose different names for linux and w32
binaries).

so: get the zip-file, extract it, add the path containing the dll's
(something like "<FreeFrame>/plugins") to Pd's search-path (or just copy
the dll's into a place already searched by Pd) and instantiate
[pix_freeframe PeteWave] (or [pix_PeteWave]) et voila!

fdmasdr
IOhannes