[PD] Glitches on Mac with Gem

Daniel Almeida int86 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 15 00:09:55 CET 2008

I've made a patch to Vj, with a wav file being played, two image layers and a few pix effects life 3 motion blurs, 1 operation (this can be changed, add, subtraction or multiplication. only one operation work at a given time), pix_colorize, pix_posterize and pix_contrast. the effects can be turned on/off.

Ocasionally there are some glitches in the sound. I'm using a Tascam US-122L or the computer sound card. I've tried to change sound delay with no effect.

each time there is a glitch, there's a peak in the disk activity.

Also, I'm doing some calculations to automaticaly get the frame interval to sync each loop to the beat. this beat is constant.

any idea? how can I optimize my patch?

Thanks for any help

Daniel Almeida