[PD] seq (cyclone) object help patch not working - for midi file playback

Rua Haszard Morris ruahm at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 17 00:04:42 CET 2008

Thanks for the link, although that just looks to be a video of someone playing with the help patch :)

I am worried that I am trying to do something which is a bad idea - I want to use PD to trigger little MIDI loops, and potentially adjust the midi data on the way out, and/or change looping points at runtime (etc). Is there a better approach to do this in PD, or is [seq] the best way? Or is this something that noone does and I may find is less workable than I was hoping?

I am compelled by the idea of generating the midi loops elsewhere in fully-featured sequencers, but utilising PD for interacting/triggering/looping/processing them in a more flexible manner than sequencers allow... I would be grateful for any suggestions.

I think it may simply be that midiout is not working too well for me, I will further investigate that.

Is it possible that not many people are using [midiout] either?

thanks again
Rua HM.