[PD] [PD-announce] Terre Natale @ The Cartier Foundation, Nov 21st

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Nov 18 00:45:09 CET 2008

Terre Natale @ The Cartier Foundation
Paris, France
Opening November 21st

http://fondation.cartier.com/index.php?lang=en&c=616&linkid=616

Stop Eject

"Depardon's travel journal–a long-distance imaginary dialogue with
Paul Virilio–brings us to the second part of the exhibition Native
Land, curated by Virilio, and designed by American artists and
architects, Diller Scofidio + Renfro, in collaboration with Mark
Hansen, Laura Kurgan, and Ben Rubin."

I worked with the Diller Scofidio + Renfro team making the 360
degree, 3m high video that is part of this opening.  I created all
the sounds for the movies using Pd, Audacity, and Freesound for the
samples.  The videos were all generated using Processing.  The whole
system is run by the ZKM PanoramaScreen running on Ubuntu.  The
videos are 6800x760 @ 30FPS and the audio is 6 channels plus 2
channels of subwoofers.

So all in all, this project is a showcase for free tools, even though
none of the 'higher ups' had any idea or intention for it to be
that.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the opening, so go see
it and tell me how it is!  Hopefully it'll come to NYC so I can see
it in person.

----

scarcity."        -John Gilmore