[PD] using a constant without bang

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Nov 21 08:04:23 CET 2008

Hallo,
Lao Yu hat gesagt: // Lao Yu wrote:

> I want to store a value and use it as a constant - I mean, the value
> is permanently "broadcasting" without the need of a bang (which
> 'float' needs). Is there a way?

Only audio signals in Pd are updated automatically, but message flow
always is driven by some event generator, like a metro or a gemhead. You
generally initiate a message flow with a bang-event, but there is no way
to "broadcast without the need of a bang" outside of audio.

For storage itself you have lots of options, though: [float], [value],
[table], [list], [textfile], [pointer], and so on.

Ciao
--
Frank