[PD] hot and cold inlets don't always make sense

Lao Yu noise.now at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 08:32:43 CET 2008

Hi,

when using an [+] object I find it most of the time counterproductive
that the right inlet is considered cold.

for example, if I want to use 2 different controls for 'coarse' and
'fine' tuning parameters it is necessary to add them together.
however when changing 'fine' value which for instance is connected to
the right inlet the new value is only taken into consideration once
the 'coarse' value connected to the left inlet is changed as well.

the only workaround I found was to [bang] the hot inlet form the cold
one as illustrated in the attached patch. but I don't find that elegant.

is there a better way to make both inlets hot?

Best
Jurgen