[PD] using a constant without bang

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 10:42:11 CET 2008

Jurgen,

Instead of having to close and reopen the patch, why not just try
sending a loadbang message to the window containing the abstraction?

Whatever the name of the parent patch window, you can try something
like this... you probably already have the first two steps, just
putting them in here for clarification.

1. Create your abstraction
2. Create the patch containing the abstraction
3. Send a loadbang message, under the file menu, select 'message...',
and type in this...

'pd-{patch-window-name.pd} loadbang;'

Obviously, you will change the {patch-window-name.pd} to whatever the
name of the window. As Pd has a global name space containing all these
windows, you will need to precede the patch window name with 'pd-'.
This should inturn send a 'loadbang' message to all abstractions in
the patch.

Mike

--
Peace may sound simple—one beautiful word— but it requires everything
we have, every quality, every strength, every dream, every high ideal.