[PD] problems with Delta 1010LT?

Jaime Oliver jaime.oliver2 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 11:25:16 CET 2008

Hello,
My problem has been solved by running alsamixer with flags to Delta-1010LT,
and raising input levels there. So, if indeed you (tim) have exactly the
same problem, then this should solve it.

On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 10:30 AM, Miller Puckette
<mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu>wrote:

> Wierd.  I have out-of-the-box Fedora 9 running (it's a terrible Fedora
> release, by hte way, I'm going to switch to 10 when it comes out later
> this month) and my delta1010LT runs fine.  So if it's an ALSA bug it
> must have been fixed meanwhile.
>
> BTW, there are 4 jumpers on the 1010LT card; if they are missing the first
> two inputs might not work (but the other 6 should anyway.)
>
> cheers
> Miller
>
> On Sun, Nov 09, 2008 at 04:56:48PM +0100, tim wrote:
> > hello Jamie and list,
> >
> > exact same problem here.
> > Delta1010LT outputs work, inputs don't.
> > I tried on ubuntu hardy and pure:dyne.
> > I checked all there is to check in envy24 control.
> > btw, There are also other problems showing up with alsa lately.
> > For example, the Echo Layla 3G stopped working altogether.
> > I'll try Bryan's suggestions later...
> >
> > Tim
> >
> > On Sun, 2008-11-09 at 12:36 +0100, Bryan Jurish wrote:
> > > morning Jaime,
> > >
> > > I have the same card in my desktop here under debian testing/unstable,
> > > and have also successfully used all the analog in- and outputs with pd.
> > >
> > > The only potential causes for your problem that occur to me are
> "stupid"
> > > ones that you've probably already checked, e.g. routing problems on the
> > > card [have you run "envy24control" and checked that the input levels
> > > (tab page "analog volume") are all up where they should be?]  Did you
> > > start pd with "-channels 8"?
> > >
> > > I also vaguely remember hearing of problems with the alsa mixer API
> > > (alsamixer, amixer, etc.) for envy24 cards -- the conventional wisdom
> > > seems to be: "avoid ALSA's mixer and use only envy24control for this
> > > card".  You might also check whether your distro is doing something
> > > sneaky like calling "amixer" behind your back when the driver module
> > > (snd_ice1712) is loaded (e.g. as a post-install operation declared in
> > > /etc/modules.conf)... other than that, I'm pretty much out of ideas...

I haven't found any file /etc/modules.conf, but I did find /etc/asound.conf

#SWCONF
#DEV 0
defaults.pcm.card 0
defaults.pcm.device 0