[PD] Idiomatic V0.0

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 14:34:21 CET 2008

Thank you, Frank. And a good idea about the replacements for the zexy
stuff. That way it could be useful with Vanilla Pd, just need the Lua
stuff.

Do you have any idea for things that might be encapsulated "Idioms"?
It would be nice to start some sort of library, and the things that I
put in there so far, are really just simple basic ideas. While I don't
think this sort of thing would be Universally usable, it would
eliminate some of the more mundane tasks when creating counters and
looping constructs.

I was thinking that rather than calling the help file a "help patch",
that it should really just be called a tool, as it pretty much
encapsulates everything you need to actually use this. I don't really
forsee anyone creating an instance of the [Idiomatic] object in a
regular patch.

Mike

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 7:12 AM, Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org> wrote:
> Hallo,
> Mike McGonagle hat gesagt: // Mike McGonagle wrote:
>
>> This is the first release (still beta) of a Lua program called
>> "Idiomatic". The purpose of the program is to allow the instantiation
>> of various Pd objects from a template. The intention is to allow the
>> user to create any Pd code, saving it to a file, and then loading it
>> back in as a new collection of object (rather than using an
>> abstraction). The point of it is to speed up the creation of new
>> patches by automating the creation and wiring of these various
>> template.
>
> That's pretty nice! I had to make the symbols smaller to be able to
> see them in the help patch.
>
>> It requires [lua], and from zexy, [list2symbol] and [symbol2list]
>
> You could also make list2symbol and symbol2list clones in Lua to get
> rid of the zexy-dependency.
>
> Ciao
> --
>  Frank Barknecht            Do You RjDj.me?          _ ______footils.org__

Peace may sound simple—one beautiful word— but it requires everything
we have, every quality, every strength, every dream, every high ideal.
—Yehudi Menuhin (1916–1999), musician