[PD] output comport status messages on change

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Nov 25 01:25:36 CET 2008

Hey,

I am thinking that it would make sense to have [comport] output the
status messages to the right outlet when they change.  For example,
"open 0/1" is one of the status messages, I think when the serial
port is opened, it should output [open 1( automatically, in addition
to when you send the [info( message.

This is how [hid] works, and I find it quite useful for triggering
behaviors based on the state without having to explicitly query all
of the time.

Any objections if I add this to comport?

----

Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war
on terrorism.        - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom