[PD] Testing for empty creation args?

Matt Barber brbrofsvl at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 00:49:17 CET 2008

Dear Hans and List:

Attached is a .zip of a possible solution.  You can unzip and open
"getcreationargstest.pd".  In this patch, you'll find a
[getcreationargstest_abs] abstraction with a bunch of float and symbol
arguments.  Open it up and have fun -- [getcreationargs] is the main
abstraction -- there are two dependencies: 1) [digiter] which is an
abstraction that iterates the digits of an integer, and 2) [log10]
which is a base-ten log abstraction used in [digiter].

There are some downsides to it:

1)  it requires helper abstractions.
2)  it requires a helper subpatch in the parent (the name of this
patch is the creation argument to [getcreationargs].
3)  it uses some rather arcane dynamic patching which might break in the future.
4)  when it's used it sets the dirty flag.

I think this could at least be something like the right idea....  also
I haven't tested on all platforms, and it's for 0.40 or greater.

Lemme know what you think!

Matt