[PD] undoing a dodgy cut and paste

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 22:06:02 CET 2008

Hum, I'm on a mac, and in cases like this, I just hit "Command-Z" to
undo the paste. And then re-paste them back so that they are selected
again. (But I also try to use the cursor keys to move things around,
as Matt said).

Mike

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 12:52 PM, hard off <hard.off at gmail.com> wrote:
> i'm sure this must have happened to everyone a couple of times:
>
> you cut a section of a patch, and paste it into another patch or subpatch.
> the pasted contents overlay existing parts of the patch, and you go to move
> them with your mouse while they are still highlighted.
>
> however, sometimes your mouse just doesn't hit a part of the highlighted
> pasted objects, and the highlight comes off, and you're left with a big
> tangled mess of objects and patch chords.
>
> other than just 'being super careful', is there any way to avoid or fix this
> problem without moving each individual object by hand???

Peace may sound simple—one beautiful word— but it requires everything
we have, every quality, every strength, every dream, every high ideal.
—Yehudi Menuhin (1916–1999), musician