[PD] Pd as a 24/7 Icecast/Shoutcast source client.

PSPunch shima at pspunch.com
Thu Nov 27 07:35:23 CET 2008

Hi Michael,

First of all,
after a look at nSlam, overwhelmed by its features and refreshing my
mind on a cup of coffee, I've found a solution using MPD.. there
actually was a way to assign its only volume control to my desired output.

Anyway, I've taken a brief look at the documents and what I think is the
example you mentioned (StreamCaster?).

The concepts in the suite is certainly inspiring in terms of making
practical applications based on Pd.
For my current project, I am trying to go low cost on hardware as much
as possible, so I think I will stick with MPD for now. I hear people run
it on 75MHz Pentiums. I am considering utilizing a NAS running Linux at
200MHz or so and only has a CLI.

Thanks anyway.
I will take a closer look at it today.

--