[PD] fonts on fedora 8

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Fri Nov 28 00:12:17 CET 2008

someone please correct me, if i am wrong, but i think, that pd is not
aware of font-pathes. the very few times i had to deal with fonts and
pd, was using fonts in gem. at least for  [text3d]/[text2d], you need to
put the font file to some place, where pd finds it (pretty much the same
as you usually load a soundfile or an abstraction). either you specify
the absolute or relative (from the patch) path to the font file, or you
add the location of the font file to pd's search pathes, so that pd can
find it.

roman