[PD] Testing for empty creation args?

Matt Barber brbrofsvl at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 04:48:09 CET 2008

Actually, after using it for a while the worst downside is that it
uses so many "key" events in the dynamic patching, which trigger [key]
elsewhere in the patch.

It seems to me that getting the creation args of an abstraction with a
float or testing to see if a creation argument exists is a
vanilla-level problem that would be best solved with a new object in
vanilla.

At some point it might be worthwhile to enumerate the features of Pd's
objectclass API that can't be emulated well with abstractions (for
instance, a left inlet that can take both signals and messages).

Matt