[PD] text2d for japanese, persan and other languages

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Nov 28 14:44:39 CET 2008

please always include the mailing list when replying.

Renaud RUBIANO wrote:
>> oh, and is there a special reason to use [text2d] rather than [text3d]?
>> the latter usually performs better...
> Oh no, but I doesn't need 3D options, so I guessed that 2d was GPU
> less-consuming ... so ...

i see.
nevertheless this is usually not true with Gem.
Gem is openGL based, meaning it uses hardware acceleration.
off-the-shelf gfx hardware has been highly pushed by aming industries,
which made 3d operations be more optimized than 2d operations...

so: [text3d] should be better than [text2d] in most cases (the latter
sometimes is needed when you want to use antialiasing)
[pix_draw] is usually way less efficient than [pix_texture]+[rectangle]

fgmasdr
IOhannes