[PD] rc-sssad

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 00:08:45 CET 2008

On Sun, 2008-11-30 at 21:49 +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> Dan Wilcox hat gesagt: // Dan Wilcox wrote:
> Are you using the latest version of sssad? Because new versions have
> local saving already built in - you activate it by giving the
> sssad-instances an additional argument, usually $0, like this:
>
>  [sssad somename $0]

Before I begin, I'm sure this has all been done before but I'm not aware
of it so I'll re-reinvent the wheel.  Besides, you know how the wheel
works when you build it.

Ahh I see, I think I'm using the wrong terminology then.  I'm using
"local" as in objects with a certain osc-style prefix.  I'm using sssad
to save state values within reusable abstractions and there may be a
number of them on one song patch.  The sssad keys are set using the
objects assigned name which is $1, so

    [rc-delay~ p] has keys [sssad p/delay], [sssad p/feedback], etc...

Let's say SongA has a delay and 2 oscillators of some kind and SongB has
another delay and 2 drum samples.  The way I had it before, I could not
work on SongA and SongB at the same time because if I saved one, it
would also have the values of the second.  Now I add a prefix to each
object's name in SongA, say [rc-delay~ /songa/p] and the same with Song
B [rc-delay~ /songb/p].  then I just check for each prefix using
[rc-sssad /songa] in SongA.pd and [rc-sssad /songb] in SongB.pd, and
saving one will only save it's objects.

... anyway, thanks for sssad, it makes using my abstractions soooo much
easier since I can just create, fiddle, and save.
---
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com
robotcowboy.com