[PD] Peak envelope follower?

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Mon Dec 1 03:13:19 CET 2008

[snapshot~]

IIRC gives you the value of the first sample in the last block when banged.
It's more useful than [env~] for 'instantaneous' measurement but sorely
lacking for practical use - for instance the first sample may be atypical
and the remaining 63 (by default) completely different. Obvious, and probably
trivial, improvements to [snapshot~] would be an index argument a la [dirac~]
that lets you set the sample to read, an option to return a list, or the
largest value.

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 20:25:15 -0500
Bill Gribble <grib at billgribble.com> wrote:

> Is there a way within pd-extended to do the equivalent of [env~], but
> following peak value rather than RMS?
>
> I have pulled my hair out trying to implement this with patching but I
> have had no luck.
>
> Thanks,
> Bill Gribble

Use the source