[PD] Pd/GEM crashing in fc8

Jaime Oliver jaime.oliver2 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 10:04:59 CET 2008

Hi Iohannes,

> do the problems go away when you _not_ load Gem?

Yes, as far as I can tell, they go away.

> has Gem been compiled against the correct version of Pd?

I don't know, I can't remember when was the last time I downloaded this
version of GEM, it only says:
ver: 0.91-cvs

> (m_pd.h used for compilation of Gem belongs to Pd-binary used)
>
> it seems like i missed the version of Pd you are trying to use.

My pd version is pd-0.41-4, the thing is that it was working properly before
i installed all the new libraries and mplayer. That is, the gem and pd
versions were the same before and they worked fine together... is this
relevant?
Should I download and compile the latest versions of gem and Pd and see?

> oh, and your machine is x86_64, correct?

correct.

cheers,

Jaime

--