[PD] $0 and Data Structure Templates

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Mon Dec 1 17:12:04 CET 2008

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 11:54:34AM +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> Mike McGonagle hat gesagt: // Mike McGonagle wrote:
>
> > I think this should be allowed, hell, even the use of other $
> > arguments. It would be nice to be able to allow abstractions to create
> > their own private data structures, or at least ones that could be
> > named based on a creation argument.
>
> So what I generally do if I use $0-structs is to not save the data
> structure instances with "write pd-x" but traverse and parse them down
> into [textfile] and use that for storing and reloading. I.e. with

I do the same, but I use sssad to store the serialised data which gives
the user flexibility about where they want to save it. Check out the [pd
load] and [pd save] subpatches in s-nadsr~ for an example of how to do
this with datastructures:

<http://mccormick.cx/viewcvs/*checkout*/s-abstractions/s-nadsr~.pd?root=svn>

Best,

Chris.