[PD] [PD-announce] reware howto video

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Dec 1 19:54:08 CET 2008

We've been working at Eyebeam since July on making it easy to hack
old devices and run new software on them.  We now have our first
Reware HOWTO video, showing the basics of how to use a Reware image
yourself, then it illustrates some of the Pd patches we've made:

http://dev.eyebeam.org/projects/reware/blog/48

Coming soon, a image for running Pd, Python, and Lua programs on
PDAs, as well as a HOWTO for making Pd patches for 1-5G iPods.  The
key idea is to turn old PDAs, mobile phones, etc. into something like
an Arduino, where you can easily upload your own code to the device.