[PD] list-sort

Michal Seta mis at artengine.ca
Tue Dec 2 07:11:06 CET 2008

Hi all,

It is amazing how we take things for granted.  Most programming
languages provide some sort of list sorting function/method.
Surprisingly (or not) pd does not (or my search skills are null, or I
am not bleeding edge enough).  I needed a solution that works with a
vanilla pd.

I was almost going to do the academia move and announce a pd exam, and
have little pd-bees come up with a solution but I needed it *now* else
I would not sleep or have terrible nightmares.  So here it is.  Thank
heavens (but give your offerings to fbar's footils shrine) for
list-abs.

Busy pd-bees, should you care to improve on my solution, please be my
guest, I am sure there are better ways of accomplishing this trivial
task.  In any case, go forth and sort the world around (or within)
you.

./MiS