[PD] pd-linux/irritating dialog box location

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Dec 2 20:18:55 CET 2008

Hallo,
Damian Stewart hat gesagt: // Damian Stewart wrote:

> raise your hand if
> a) you run Linux, and
> b) you are really really really irritated by the fact that the
> confirm-close, confirm-quit, file-open and file-save dialog boxes are
> parented to the main Pd window, rather than the patch window you are
> currently looking at.

My hands stay down for b) because I'm also using a less inflexible window
manager than metacity - even when Blackbox doesn't let you configure that much,
it lets you configure window raising.

Anyway you can add a "raise ." in various places of pd.tk e.g. here:

 376 proc menu_quit {} {
 377         raise .
 378         pd {pd verifyquit;}}

This should raise the whole Pd main window before quitting.

Ciao
--
 Frank Barknecht            Do You RjDj.me?          _ ______footils.org__