[PD] Peripheral USB devices

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Wed Dec 3 16:15:30 CET 2008

[hid] is the usual route.

There's a good help file for it. Plug in your controller and do
lsusb at the command line. You will probably see the name listed.

In the [hid] help patch, advance the [open( message until you see
it appear in the Pd console. Set the poll to 20ms and you should see
buttons and joysticks cause some output in Pd.

On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 15:07:42 +0000
Andrew Faraday <jbturgid at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Okay, this is probably quite basic. But I want to use signals from unrelated USB devices (such as the controllers for the PS2 game buzz) to control PD. How would I go about recognising these devices and logging commands from them?

> Are you a PC?  Upload your PC story and show the world

Use the source