[PD] list-sort

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Dec 3 19:03:00 CET 2008

Hallo,
Matt Barber hat gesagt: // Matt Barber wrote:

> Very fast, but what I like about list-abs is its pedagogical potential
> for students who will never look at C-code but might be interested to
> see things go in Pd.

You've got the point here.

For list-abs, externals are not allowed. That's the whole point of it:
Provide a common interface for list operations that run on every vanilla
Pd without externals.

*However*: That should not stop anyone from making alternative
implementations of the same interface. In fact, my personal [list-drip]
is just a wrapper around zexy's [drip]. I put it in my pd-path before
the list-abs path so it gets loaded instead.

For sorting you could for example use zexy's [sort] inside of
[list-sort] and have a very fast sorting. Or write one in Lua and sort
symbols as well. Etc.

But a [table]-based implementation of sorting is tempting, as we only do
float-sorting anyway.

Ciao
--
Frank