[PD] Open alternative to RJDJ?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Dec 3 21:33:59 CET 2008

Hey,

I don't know if you have been following the Reware project, but that
is a core idea of it.  Check out our first HOWTO for an intro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMnIh2lWB6M

We got some Palms and iPaqs going, then there is the Nokia
Webtablets, iPods, and the BeagleBoard.  Gumstix are also possible, I
have one, but I haven't had a chance to work on it yet.  Our core
idea is to make a whole linux distro with Pd, Python, and Lua that
has nothing at all running, except your code.  Something like Arduino
for hacking PDAs.

It is also possible to install Pd-anywhere packages on a number of
existing distros, like Maemo, Familiar, Angstrom, etc.

.hc