[PD] still not understanding "local" sssad in abstractions using variables

Joe Newlin jtnewlin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 20:54:48 CET 2008

Hi,

I've looked at the sssad examples and searched the list (including a
discussion this week on the topic) and I still have questions about using
sssad to save settings of GUI objects in a particular abstraction or
subpatch while ignoring sssad objects used in other subpatches or
abstractions within the parent patch. I've looked through the sssad
abstractions to try to figure out how arguments are passed along, and just
kind of got lost without understanding what was doing what.

I've found the sssad implementation in McCormick's s-abstractions to be
extremely useful, and I'd like to make a couple of tweaks to it so it will
work for this specific purpose.

I'll try to be specific with my questions:

1. do I need to add an argument or $0 variable to the sssad instance  within
the abstraction that gets the special sssad treatment?
2. do i need to add arguments or variables to any of the sssad or SSSAD
objects, sends & receives & such, within the sssad patches?

I hope this makes sense.

Joe