[PD] svn:externals

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Dec 5 22:11:02 CET 2008

On Dec 5, 2008, at 5:49 AM, Chris McCormick wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 01:06:32AM -0500, Hans-Christoph Steiner
> wrote:
>> What about the idea of having a separate section like /pure-data/svn-
>> externals?
>
> I like that as it would solve my immdiate problem of people finding
> out
> of date s-abstractions in the pd repo and not require me to do
> periodic
> imports. Let's hope people don't get confused between "externals" and
> "externals".

Also, it would be nice to see versioned releases of your code as
libdirs.  That would be easy to do, easy to use, and versioned
releases are a tried-n-true method of managing changing libraries.

.hc

> Best,
>
> Chris.

> http://mccormick.cx

----

realize his wishes.  Now that he can realize them, he must either
change them, or perish.    -William Carlos Williams